With the growing popularity of large fresh and
saltwater predator flies, sharks, offshore flies and jigs
for halibut, grouper, lake trout and other species -
PEAK Fishing has received many requests for a vise
that would hold the largest hooks on the market.
PEAK’s engineering team has tackled the problem and
come up with a unique and innovative new solution
for securing oversize hook wires and resisting the extra
heavy pulling force exerted on long shank hooks when
using high tensile strength tying threads.
The solution is PEAK’s Large Iron Retention System
(LIRS) incorporated in our introductory product of
what will be our new line called the Jurassic Series.
While the application of this technology is new, these
products are built large and tough like the dinosaurs
that ruled the Jurassic Period. Our one-of-a-kind
drawbar retainer in the Magnum product has a .200
wide slot to hold far larger hooks than any other device
we know to be available for tiers.
As with all PEAK Fishing products, we’ve thought
through the details of the Jurassic Series to develop a
set of products to provide a durable, economical and
functional series of tools to address your most extreme
fly or jig tying needs!
*Lifetime warranty against defects in material or
- Captures and retains hooks more positively than conventional vises which rely on friction to clamp hooks between 2 parallel faces.
• 360 degree rotation for access to all sides of your fly or jig.
• Pivoting head to adjust to various hook bend designs.
• Manufactured from Stainless Steel, CRS, Tool Steel and Brass for maximum durability.
• Hardened Draw Bar and Hook Nest.
• Fast, easy, positive adjustments.
• Durable powder coated Pedestal Base.
• Large Pedestal Base for maximum stability Includes mounting holes for bolting to a bench and integral hook/material pocket.
• Pedestal Base includes two Accessory Post mounting holes for accessories such as the PEAK Waste Catcher, PEAK Tying Light,
PEAK Tool Post Caddy and more.