Patagonia Danner River Salt Fly-Fishing Wading Boots
The Patagonia Danner River Salt Fly-Fishing Wading Boots are Patagonia fly-fishing wading boots which utilize an industry leading Vibram tread design that allows for aggressive traction for many wading terrains which make these fly-fishing wading boots very innovative and feature-rich.
In an effort to be more eco friendly, Patagonia partnered with Danner to make a made in the USA high quality fishing boot. Danner has been making terrific hunting and military grade boots for quite some time and knows how to put together a top notch fishing boot. The Patagonia River Salt Wading boots are made of a waterproof leather that won't shrink or crack and has also been saltwater tested. These boots are fully re-craftable. If there ever needs to be a sole replacement or whatever issue you may come across, Danner can repair them making these the last pair of boots you'll need to buy. The River Salt boots are ultra-fast drying and lead the industry with fantastic tread designs unique to Patagonia by Vibram.
These Patagonia River Salt Fly-Fishing Wading Boots are made with an oversized toe box and heel cup that features Texon trilaminate that is designed to protect the heel and toe from rock impact and foot compression. These fly-fishing wading boots also features a slick rubber lugged sole with great gripping power on multiple types of surfaces you will encounter during your fly-fishing adventures.These Patagonia River Salt Fly-Fishing Wading Boots are lightweight and durable. These fly-fishing wading boots by Patagonia are really awesome fly-fishing wading boots that are very innovative and feature-rich and should be considered for your next fly-fishing excursion. These truly are the last pair of boots you'll need to buy.
Compared to the competition, the Patagonia River Salt Boots by Danner are 20% lighter in dry weight, 23% lighter wet weight/water retention (on average over a 16 hour drying period) and 4x stronger in river stud retention. These River Salt boots flexed 500,000 times with no failure which is approximaely 284 miles during the flex test.
As we worked with the legendary boot builders at Danner to create our new Foot Tractor Wading Boots, we applied the same innovation, craftsmanship and quality to a lighter-weight cousin. Sharing many of the same performance attributes as the Foot Tractors but geared toward wet wading, flats fishing and the backcountry, the new River Salt Wading Boots are built for the long haul—whether it’s the steep scramble to alpine-lake nirvana, wet wading in summer streams or stalking tailing bones across flats that stretch to the horizon. The uppers combine waterproof, full-grain leather with tough-yet-light 1,000-denier nylon panels, providing the protection you need from river rock and coral heads; adjustable speed lacing provides a customized fit across the forefoot and through the ankle for support on uneven surfaces. On the interior, a molded bi-fit board combines the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort or durability. Securing the uppers to the soles, handcrafted, stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable platform and allows the boots to be easily resoled for lifetime performance that’s measured in decades. The Vibram® Megagrip sole compound was specifically developed for traction on both wet and dry surfaces, stands up to miles of dirt-road walk-ins and sharp coral flats, and works just as well for everyday fishing at the home pool; the soles also accept studs for additional traction. Made by hand (from imported parts) in Portland, Oregon, our Danner boots are the best wading boots we’ve ever made—and we believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy.
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary. Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Adjustable speed lacing system; a quick pull gives a precise and secure fit over the forefoot and through the ankle
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backers
- Molded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort and support
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Vibram® Megagrip sole compound specially developed for grip on both wet and dry surfaces while maintaining a higher level of durability
- 1593 g (56.2 oz)
- Built on a size E last