These are not your mama's toe nail clippers, but they are a machined clipper specifically made for fishing.
Abel set the bar for high end nippers when they debuted back in 2007. It has been the only nipper available with dual cutting surfaces versus a cutter-and-anvil design, making it the premier cutting tool on the market for everything from 8x tippet to braid.
The new nipper takes that same principle, but puts it together with new ergonomics, type III anodized bodies, as well as a brand new magnetic "spring". Two sets of rare earth magnets keep the jaws open without a hinge that can be subject to corrosion issues while also acting as a reliable "fly dock" to attach your flies to while rigging. Available with 3 body color options, and our full range of solid gloss colors on the central scale, there are over 54 different combinations to choose from.
- Made in the USA
- Type III anodized 7075 aluminum body construction
- Type II anodized 6061-T6 aluminum scale
- Replaceable, heat treated and precision ground 440C hardened steel jaw material
- Nipper jaws designed to be user-sharpened in the field
- 2 nickel-plated neodymium rare earth magnets hidden on each side of the nipper body
- 4 total opposing magnets keep the nippers open while also serving as a reliable fly dock
- Stainless steel hook eye cleaner integrated into machined lanyard holder
- Removable, adjustable lanyard manufactured from Airflo fly line included