The Platte River Fly Shop is the first fly shop in the Country to go green!
The Platte River Fly Shop is the first fly shop in the Country to announce that they have gone green! In a world where fossil fuels are being consumed at an alarming rate, our environment is deterioratating around us. It is time the fly fishing community takes a stand; to help protect our environment for future generations of fisherman. Therefore, a challenge is being issued to all fishing manufactures, fly shops, lodges, outfitters and guides. While it is impossible to go 100% green, you can make a difference by changing something in your business, home, or automobile to reduce your carbon foot print.
Here is a list of some of things they are doing to reduce our carbon foot print:
1. Wind Energy – A wind turbine will be installed by May 2008
2. Renewable Energy – Wood pellets are used to heat the Fly Shop
3. Recycle – All cardboard boxes are either reused or recycled
4. Recycle – All printer paper, envelopes and even receipt paper are purchased as recycled
5. Recycle – All aluminum, glass and plastic drinking containers
6. Energy Reduction – All the lights in the Fly Shop will be changed over to low energy fluorescent bulbs
7. Recycle - We will now be a collection point for old unwanted breathable waders for recycle.
If you’ve done something substantially or currently doing something to reduce your carbon foot print or to help protect the environment, they will add you to the list below with a link to your website. Once they have enough on the list, they will create and host a separate Fly Fish Green website for all the listings.
CONSUMERS PLEASE SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING “FLY FISH GREEN” BUSINESSES AND GUIDES
Scott Fly Rods
Platte River Fly Shop